We are currently updating this page with new photos and more information. We hope you come back to follow our updates. Thanks for visiting.
Cabo Rojo is a municipality of Puerto Rico situated on the southwest corner of the island; about 1.45 minutes from the capital city of San Juan. Ask any Puerto Rican about Cabo Rojo and watch their response… it is certainly a very special town in Puerto Rico and we invite you to come and visit. Cabo Rojo offers great beaches, countless local family-owned restaurants with fresh seafood served daily, golf, excellent tarpon and deep-sea fishing, a natural reserve, and the most scenic hike on the island.
Due to its large wildlife reserve, many areas are still green and free of development, giving residents and visitors various places to escape from the hustle and bustle to enjoy a variety of activities while connecting with nature. Cabo Rojo is still one of the best locations to purchase a vacation home in Puerto Rico due to reasonable real estate prices, low crime, its beaches, and local services.
The “Pueblo of Cabo Rojo” (center town) is a colorful, lively, and inviting place that has retained a very traditional feel. At the center of the town, you can visit the active plaza (square), where friends gather to play dominoes, have a cup of coffee, and have dinner al fresco to the sounds of salsa, old ballads, and jazz. Caborrojeños (locals) are warm, friendly, and helpful, you’ll feel right at home here.
Basic Facts about Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
- The original name of Cabo Rojo was Los Cabos Rojos, Tierras de Los Morillos.
- Cabo Rojo is known as “El Pueblo de Cofresí”.
- Cabo Rojo was founded in 1771 by Nicolás Ramírez de Arellano who was also Cabo Rojo’s first mayor.
- Mayor of Cabo Rojo:
- Slogan: Capital of Tourism
- Population: About 47,000 residents
- Locals are known as: Caborrojeños
- Currency: U.S. Dollars.
- Language: Spanish is the preferred language but most locals around tourist areas speak English.
- Temperature: Average of 79-82 F.
- Electric: Current is 110 volts AC, same as the United States.
- Tourism Information Office: Muñoz Rivera Street, Ruiz Rivera #43, La Campana Building Tel. (787) 255-1560